Monday, March 12, 2012

happy birthday ate!

A sister is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. 
~Barbara Alpert


i am really amazed on how my older sister can untangle any knotted thread. she is always there to the rescue whenever i get annoying knots everytime i sew. so i once told my college friends that if i'm going to live in another country, i would like to have my Ate with me so she can undo any tangled threads i might ever come across with. but behind that silly reason, i know deep in my heart that i want my sister to be with me - always. we may have pulled each other's hair when we were kids and still fight over things until now; i may not sometimes understand her quirkiness, her love of sleep, her long hours of shopping then end up with nothing, her addiction to koreanovelas and farmville; or i may not ever figure out how she always have lots of money, but i would like to have her near me, beside me, because i have proven so many times that she is always there for me. a sister with a big heart, whom i can always depend on, who always loves me for who i am.







































happy birthday Ate! may the good Lord bless you with lots of love and happiness today and always. i may not tell you often, but i know you know that i love you and i feel oh so lucky to have a big sister like you. we will be together soon! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks sis..hope we'll be together again coz i really want to try that shoping experience that you're always talking about..hehe (especially those shopping coupons)..anyway thanks for the bithday greeting..love you and miss you!!mwaah --ate kay

    ReplyDelete